Where: Coal Road, Muswellbrook
Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm daily.
Closed Christmas Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday.
Call: 6542 5706
After hours emergencies: 0428 264 074
EFTPOS available. 0.75% surcharge on credit card transactions. No ‘cash out’.
Licensed to accept:
- General waste
- Scrap metal
- Timber, tree trunks and branches
- Concrete and bricks
- Used motor oil
- Car batteries
- Asbestos (24hrs notice needed)
- DrumMuster containers
Drop-off point for used fluorescent tubes and lamps
A drop off point is located at the main window of Muswellbrook Waste Management Facility to provide residents of Muswellbrook Shire a place for the safe disposal of mercury waste that fluorescent lighting produces, no charge (domestic quantities only).
E-waste drop-off point
Televisions, computers, telephones and game consoles are able to be depositedin the e-waste container at Muswellbrook Waste management facility.
Site procedures and conditions of entry
- Report to the waste management facility operator when entering Muswellbrook Waste Management Facility.
- You will be asked what you are disposing of and be required to identify all materials. If you are unsure, please advise the waste management facility operator. Random visual inspections will be made by waste management facility operator/s.
- Your vehicle may be weighed.
- If your vehicle has been weighed, you will be required to return to the weighbridge to finalise your transaction.
- If you have separated recyclable material, please advise the waste management facility operator. You will be required to place the recyclable material in the appropriate area and may be requested to drive back over the weighbridge to ascertain the charge for the remaining material.
- Customers are requested to observe and adhere to the speed limits and safety signs at all times.
- Fully enclosed footwear must be worn at all times.
- Children under the age of 15 are to remain inside the vehicle.
- Unauthorised scavenging is prohibited.
- Council’s waste management facility operators will direct customers to appropriate disposal areas.
- Waste management facility operator/s may ask to check your receipt to ensure the correct disposal fees have been paid.
- Smoking is not allowed on site.
- Waste management facility operators can request name and address details of persons disposing of waste.
- Waste management facility operators can refuse to accept items/materials which Council is not licensed to accept.
- The site is monitored by video surveillance. Photos may be taken by waste management facility staff.
- Customers not complying with directions from waste management facility operator/s will be requested to leave the site.
By entering this site you agree to abide by the above conditions.