The Ron King Velodrome in Muswellbrook is managed by Muswellbrook Cycle Club.
Muswellbrook Cycle Club:
- Road racing for Juniors and Seniors most Sunday mornings from 8.00am at McCullys Gap Hall, from April through to September each year.
- Velodrome racing for Juniors and Seniors most Friday nights from 6pm at the Muswellbrook Velodrome in Wilkinson Avenue, from October through to March each year. This is fun to come and watch if you are interested. We occasionally run a BBQ. Any bike can be used if you want to try the velodrome with our support on one of these nights.
- Velodrome training for Juniors and Seniors on Monday afternoons from 6pm at the Muswellbrook Velodrome in Wilkinson Avenue from October through to March.
- Group social / training rides from Campbell’s Corner in Muswellbrook most Sunday mornings. We meet at 6:00am, 6:30am, or 7:00am depending on time of year (check the emails for exact time).
- Encouragement and support to join various other race and social road/velodrome cycling events across NSW every year.
- Also access to club support for general training and setting up / repair of your bike.
Cycling Australia Membership is required to participate in any race events.
The Muswellbrook Velodrome is a special asset and rare for a town the size of Muswellbrook. Constructed in the 1940s at 166m for one lap it is the smallest velodrome in the southern hemisphere as we understand. Being a tight banked track it is ideal for development for the skills and tactics needed to ride in the big 250m wooden track indoor velodromes like the Dunc Gray in Sydney or the new Anna Meeres Velodrome in Brisbane.
For more information contact Kieran Scott (MCC President) 0419 694 334.