Free domestic bulky waste cleanup for Muswellbrook, Denman and Sandy Hollow.
Stack your bulky waste on the kerbside on the weekend prior to collection. With the cooperation of residents adhering to guidelines, the service should conclude by the 23 March 2018
Crews will visit each property only once - be on time!
Do not stack your bulky waste on the kerbside after the cut-off date for your area - you will miss the service. Waste remaining on kerbsides after each zone has been collected is the responsibility of the resident/landowner to legally dispose of.
Denman & Sandy Hollow
Stack your bulky waste during the weekend of 17-18 March 2018
Collection starts 7:00am Monday 19 March 2018
Stack your bulky waste during the weekend of 3-4 March 2018
Collection starts 7:00am Monday 5 March 2018
- Stack items neatly next to the kerb - DO NOT BLOCK the footpath or road.
- Keep waste under 2 cubic metres per household (e.g. the size of a standard ute tray).
- It must be possible for two people to safely lift items.
- Wrap any glass items securely in newspaper and label them “Glass”.
- Remove all doors and lids from whitegoods. Ensure they are empty.
- Take E-waste (TVs, computers etc.) to your nearest waste depot for free recycling.
- Only household items will be collected.
Sort your waste into two piles
Each pile is collected by different crews, and each crew will visit each property only once.
Pile 1: metals/batteries
Pile 2: General household items, e.g fridges, furniture and floor coverings.
Only household items will be collected
The following listed items are examples of what you may dispose of:
- old floor coverings
- refrigerators; doors must be removed from whitegoods prior to being placed on the footpath
- furniture or other bulky items of a like nature
All items for removal must not be larger or heavier than two people can reasonably lift.
Wrap any glass items securely in newspaper & label them “Glass”.
Remove all doors and lids from whitegoods. Ensure they are completely empty.
Do not include items that would normally go into your weekly kerbside collection.
These items will not be collected, links are provided for alternate disposal solutions:
- garden waste
- hazardous chemicals or materials (including barbed wire)
- Commercial or industrial waste
- commercial building material
- motor car bodies
- earth or stone, bricks, rubble or unreasonably heavy or bulky objects.
- unreasonably heavy or bulky objects
- electronics (e-waste)- take to the Muswellbrook or Denman Waste Depots for free recycling.
- small items that can go in your red lidded bin for normal collection