Entries Close > 27 January 2017
Finalists Notified > 10 February 2017
Delivery of Finalists Works > 3 March 2017
Adjudication > 11 March 2017
Exhibition Opening & Award Presentation > 6pm Saturday 11 March 2017
Exhibition > 12 March – 7 May 2017
Collection of Unsold Works > 10 May – 26 May 2017
Conditions of entry
- Entry is open to all artists resident in Australia for a minimum period of six months immediately prior to the prize.
- Artists are limited to one entry per section. The same work may not be entered in more than one section. Three dimensional works (e.g. sculpture) are not eligible for the Painting Prize or Works on Paper Prize. Such entries will not be accepted.
- Photographs of Works are to be submitted for pre-selection via the online entry form available on the Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre website. Work must be saved as JPG files only and must be less than 2MB. Titles of JPGs must be: surname-first name-title of work e.g. Bloggs-Joe-Wild-Wind.jpg.
- All sections of the entry form must be completed to be eligible .
- An entry fee of $40.00 for works submitting in the Painting Prize, and $20.00 for works submitted in the Works on Paper Prize, and Ceramics Prize must be paid upon entry to be eligible. Fees include GST.
- There is no specified theme or subject for any section of the Muswellbrook Art Prize.
- Works must not have been previously shown at the Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre.
- Works must be the original work of the entrant.
- Works must have been completed in the two years immediately prior to the prize.
- Size limits do apply. No work in the Painting Prize or Works on Paper Prize is to measure more than 200cm on any side or exceed 20cm in depth, including the frame. Weight shall not exceed 25kg. Work entered in Ceramics Prize may consist of more than one part but the work cannot exceed an overall measurement of 75cm in any direction and an overall weight of 25kg.
- All works entered must be for sale.
- A commission of 30% will be charged on all works sold at the price shown on the entry form. An ABN or “Statement by a Supplier” form (visit www.ato.gov.au) must be provided or the works will not be accepted for the prize.
Selection of Finalists
- Photographs of works will be viewed by the Selection Panel who will make the selection of finalists.
- Finalists only will be advised of selection on the Art Centre’s website and by email.
- The decisions of the Selection Panel shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding such decisions.
Delivery & Exhibition of Finalists Work
- Artworks must be delivered during opening hours to the Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre by the relevant date.
- All works and packaging must have attached in a secure manner, a label with the artist’s name, address, contact details, title of work, date of execution, medium and sale price.
- Works must be ready for hanging. Framed works must be supplied with D-rings or cup hooks. Unframed works must be left unmounted for pinning directly to the wall.
- The greatest possible care will be taken of all works submitted for the duration of the exhibition, but no liability will be accepted by the Muswellbrook Shire Council for the loss or damage of any entry. Works shall at all times be at the risk of the entrant.
- Every effort will be made to exhibit all finalists, however, Muswellbrook Shire Council will not be bound to exhibit any entry. The exhibition of works shall be at the absolute discretion of Council, which may take into account the recommendation of the Selection Panel and the Adjudicator. No reasons will be given or communication entered into with regard to the Selection Panel’s and the Adjudicator’s recommendation or the Council’s decision.
- Council reserves the right to alter the work’s hanging system to suit the Arts Centre’s hanging system.
- Artists are expected to pay all charges involved in the despatch of works to and return from Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre. All artists shall arrange adequate insurance for their works in transit to and from Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre.
- The decisions of the Adjudicator shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding such decisions.
- By completing the entry form and making the work available, the entrant warrants that the work is the sole and unencumbered property of the entrant and that there is no inhibition or restriction upon title passing to the Council in the event that the work is the winning work.
- On payment of the prize monies winning works will become the absolute property of Muswellbrook Shire Council and enter the Muswellbrook Shire Art Collection.
- Artists must allow their artwork to be reproduced by print and electronic media for the purposes of advertising and promotion of the Muswellbrook Art Prize. All necessary acknowledgements of authorship will be duly made. Copyright of the work will remain the property of the artist.
Collection of Work
- At the close of the exhibition unsold works must be collected during opening hours by the artist or their agent by no later than the relevant date. Unless arrangements have been made for the return of unsold works at the end of the exhibition, Council will return same, at the expense of the artist by a carrier of the Council’s choice.