Applications must be submitted on-line through Linkedin. This ensures that you are able to provide us with the required information for your application, and that we can communicate with you quickly and effectively. Applicants that do not have access to a computer or the internet are encouraged to utilise their local library service.
Please note that we do not consider or store applications that are not directed towards an advertised vacancy.
Your application should include:
- Cover Letter: Your cover letter should provide a short introduction of yourself, why you have applied for the position, and any additional information you may believe is relevant or of importance. You You do not need to advise of your qualifications/skills/abilities in great detail in your cover letter as this will be covered as part of questions asked in the online application process.
- Resume: Your Resume should include:
- your name, address and contact details
- A summary of your Qualifications and Training
- A summary of your Employment History stating the most recent first, including the position held, organisation you worked for, the period of employment (e.g. May 2005 – September 2007), and a brief outline of your responsibilities and the duties you performed
- Referees: Including the names, position titles, employer, and contact details of two recent work related referees (preferably your current or most recent manager/supervisor). It is important to remember to ask the referees whether they are willing to act as referees prior to supplying their details. Please note that Council will not contact your Referee’s prior to seeking your permission.
As part of the application, you will be asked to answer a number of questions. It is important that you provide detailed answers to the online application questions, providing examples of your past experience to demonstrate your abilities to the Selection Panel.
After submission of your application, you will be sent an email confirming that your application has been received. Please check your emails regularly, as contact regarding the status or progression of your application will be made via email.
Extension of closing date
For further information