The General Manager has powers and duties conferred by the Local Government Act 1993.
Main functions of the General Manager
- Day-to-day management of the Council
- To exercise such functions of the Council as are delegated by the Council to the General Manager
- To appoint staff in accordance with an organisational structure and resources approved by the Council
- To direct and dismiss staff
- To implement the Council's equal employment opportunity management plan.
The General Manager has direct responsibility for general management, policy and planning and economic development issues.image: General Manager Steve McDonald