Free domestic bulky waste cleanup for Muswellbrook, Denman and Sandy Hollow.
Bulky Waste Collection March 2021
ZONE 1 MUSWELLBROOK SOUTH - SEE MAP 1A, 1B, 2A,2B
((you are in Zone 1 if your current domestic bins are collected on Mondays or Tuesdays)
STACK your bulky waste during the weekend of Sunday 28th February 2021
COLLECTION STARTS 7:00am Monday 1st March 2021
ZONE 2 MUSWELLBROOK NORTH - SEE MAP 4A, 4B, 5A, 5B
(you are in Zone 2 if your current domestic bins are collected on Thursdays or Fridays)
STACK your bulky waste during the weekend of Sunday 7th March 2021
COLLECTION STARTS 7:00am Monday 8th March 2021
ZONE 3 DENMAN & SANDY HOLLOW - SEE MAP 3A, 3B
(you are in Zone 3 if your current domestic bins are collected on Wednesdays)
STACK your bulky waste during the weekend of Sunday 14th March 2021
COLLECTION STARTS 7:00am Monday 15th March 2021
Muswellbrook Shire Council has responded to community feedback and changed the process for collecting bulk waste. There will now be two Bulky Waste collections over 12 months and each collection will collect all bulk waste including Garden Organics, Metals, Electronics and Bulky Household Waste.
Bulky waste must be stacked in four different lots:
i) Garden Organics: hedge or shrub prunings, twigs, leaves, small branches up to 150mm diameter. Clean garden organic material is processed into pasteurised garden mulch.
ii) Metals: empty whitegoods (remove all doors) car batteries, disassemble bed frames. Metal items are sent to be recycled into steel and other products.
iii) Electronics: kitchen appliances, televisions, computers and peripheral devices. Electronic items are sent to be disassembled and components recycled.
iv) Bulky Household Waste: larger items such as unrepairable furniture, old floor coverings, broken glass (wrap in newspaper) and Mattresses may be put out for bulky pickup.
v) Clean, dry inner spring mattresses will be collected separately, disassembled locally for recycling where possible. Latex or foam mattresses, or mattresses which pose a safety risk will be landfilled.. Items that are beyond their useful life will go into landfill.
- Stack items neatly next to the kerb - DO NOT BLOCK the footpath or road.
- Keep waste under 2 cubic metres per household (e.g. the size of a standard ute tray).
- It must be possible for two people to safely lift items.
- Wrap any glass items securely in newspaper and label them “Glass”.
- Remove all doors and lids from whitegoods. Ensure they are empty.
- Bundle Garden Organics
REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE
These items will not be collected, links are provided for alternate disposal solutions:
- Hazardous chemicals or materials (including barbed wire)
- Commercial or industrial waste
- Commercial building material
- Motor car bodies
- Earth or stone, bricks, rubble or unreasonably heavy or bulky objects.
- Unreasonably heavy or bulky objects
- Small items that can go in your red lidded bin for normal collection