Expressions of interest are invited from professional water brokers for a project organised by Muswellbrook Shire Council (Council).
Muswellbrook Shire Council LGA is centrally located in the Upper Hunter Valley Region of NSW, approximately one and a half hours north-west of Newcastle. The Shire consists of two larger towns, Muswellbrook and Denman, the small township of Sandy Hollow, and several small outlying rural communities.
Council requires an experienced water broker to assist in purchasing a high security water licence from Trading Zone 1 of Hunter Regulated River. The water licence is required for the purposes of a new infrastructure project (the Project). The Project proposes constructing a water pipeline from Denman to Sandy Hollow so that town water is available for future population increase at Sandy Hollow. It will also enable the establishment of strategic agribusiness and its resultant employment in the region.
The duration of the contract is to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Statement of duties
- Organise the purchase of a high security water licence (Trading Zone 1 of Hunter Regulated River) on behalf of Council
- Conduct market search and collect relevant data
- Obtain necessary regulatory approvals
- Prepare all relevant documentation for Council to finalise the purchase of the high security water licence
- Represent Council in negotiations with external stakeholders (e.g. water share holders)
- Work collaboratively with other Project team members
- Comply with Council’s policies and procedure
- Other duties as agreed with the Project Manager
- Experience in water broking (experience in the Upper Hunter water market is preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the water industry
- Evidence of well-developed planning, organisational and project management skills
- Appropriate public liability and professional indemnity insurance cover - $20,000,000.
How to apply
All submissions should include:
- Statement addressing the selection criteria
- Price (hourly/daily rate)
- Expected weekly engagement
- Copy of relevant insurance documents