Notice of Public Exhibition
Draft Muswellbrook Local Strategic Planning Statement 2020 -2040
The draft Muswellbrook Local Strategic Planning Statement 2020 - 2040 is on public exhibition until 9:00am on 6 August 2020.
As a result of changes to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979, councils are required to prepare a local strategic planning statement (LSPS). The LSPS is required to set out a 20-year vision for land-use in the Shire, the special character and values that are to be preserved and how change will be managed into the future.
The strategic vision set out in the draft LSPS is:
A Community in Transition - Muswellbrook will have a more sustainable community, environment and economy through diversification.
This Vision will be achieved by the Shire becoming:
• The State’s major innovative energy centre.
• One of the State’s major food bowls, through large scale food production and processing (agribusiness).
• A major regional location for tertiary education services.
• A leading location for equine industries.
• A location of significance for the viticulture industry.
• A diverse visitor economy.
• A place that celebrates its natural heritage, landscapes, biodiversity, and Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal heritage; and
• A Regional Centre with higher order services and facilities, including aged care, diverse housing opportunities and entertainment facilities.
The draft LSPS is on public exhibition during business hours at the Council Offices
at 157 Maitland Street, Muswellbrook or via the Council Website
(www.council.muswellbrook.nsw.gov.au) for the period Wednesday 8 July 2020 to 6 August 2020.
You are invited to make written submissions by 9:00am on 6 August 2020, addressed to:
The General Manager
Muswellbrook Shire Council
PO Box 122
If you have any enquiries, please contact Council on 6549 3700.