From 25 July 2016 you can register to receive your rates and water notices by email. All you have to do is submit the below form.
Here's why you should receive your notices by email
- It is much harder to misplace an email than a piece of paper.
- Environmentally friendly!
- You can access you inbox from anywhere at anytime!
- Reduces paper clutter around your home
- Registering is quick and easy
Notices will be sent as a PDF attachment to your nominated email address. In the unlikely occurrence you can't view this PDF - install a PDF Reader that is compatible with the device you are using.
Terms of Service
- Only property owners have the authorisation to request a change of mailing address
- Council will no longer post paper rate, instalment and water notices to you, or any person to whom paper rate notices for the nominated assessment were previously sent.
- All future rate notices will be in the form of a PDF attached to an email sent to the email address nominated by you.
- You must advise any other person to whom paper notices are currently being sent that they will no longer receive paper notices as a result of your request. Council will not provide this notification.
- You must regularly check your nominated email address for notices.
- You agree that you are deemed to have received the email when it reaches your internet service provider, whether or not you have opened or read the email.
- You agree that you will retain the notice information yourself electronically or by printing it.
- You can withdraw your request for email delivery of notices at any time by writing to Council. Your withdrawal request may be emailed, posted or faxed.
- Your request for email delivery of notices will be cancelled if any ratepayer of the nominated assessment, or their authorised agent, requests cancellation.
- Upon withdrawal or cancellation of the email delivery service, Council will commence sending paper notices to the last advised mailing address for the assessment.
- You may obtain a paper copy of a notice upon request.
- If Council receives a bounce-back notification from your email address, a paper notice will be sent to your last advised mailing address for the assessment. If two or more consecutive bounce-backs occur, Council may cancel the request for email delivery of notices for that assessment. An “out of office” notification will not be considered a bounce-back notification.
- You are responsible for keeping your email address up to date. If you change your email address you must advise Council in writing. The “Change of Name or Address” form is available at www.muswellbrook.nsw.gov.au for this purpose.
- Using an ‘out of office’ or similar notification for a change of email address will not be deemed sufficient to have advised Council of a change of email address as notices are sent from a mailing house, not directly from Council.