What to place in your household general waste bin with a red lid.
For waste material which cannot be recycled.
- This bin is collected weekly.
- DO NOT overfill bins — the lid must close fully.
- Bins should be out at the kerbside the night before collection, bins are collected between 6am and 6pm.
- Choose recyclable goods when shopping
- Avoid buying over packaged products.
- Household waste
- Plastic bags and other non-recyclable plastics
- Packaging material e.g. bubble wrap and polystyrene foam
- Disposable nappies
- Crockery, ceramics and pyrex
- Light globes and tubes
- Mirrors and broken glass
- Cigarette butts
- Kitty litter
- Recyclable materials
- Car parts and batteries
- Paints, solvents, motor and cooking oils
- Asbestos or other hazardous material
- Concrete, bricks, timber
- Soil and rock [large amounts]
- Gas bottles or fire extinguishers