The NSW Planning Portal provides easy access for the public to:
- property information and planning maps
- information for builders or renovators regarding exempt and complying development
- links to Planning tools, including:
- BASIX - A BASIX certificate forms part of the documentation you must submit to your Council or an accredited certifier when applying for a complying development certificate. A BASIX certificate is also required when submitting a development application to your Council. To view this tool you'll need Internet Explorer (8 and above), Safari (4.1.3 and above), Mozilla Firefox (3.6 and above) or Google Chrome.
- Electronic Housing Code – this website assists you to determine whether your building or renovation is exempt development or requires a complying development certificate. To view this tool you'll need Internet Explorer (10 and above) or Google Chrome.
- Interactive Buildings - this tool provides access to interactive models of residential, commercial and industrial buildings which allow you to establish what changes you can make to a property without the need for any further planning or building approvals (i.e. Exempt Development). To view this tool you'll need Internet Explorer (10 and above), Safari, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Reporting - Planning related datasets are available under open access licenses. You can consume them as predetermined charts suitable for printing or you can download the raw data.